Product no. 04300
Skill level: 5 - very challenging
Length: 295 mm
Wingspan: 428 mm
The four-engined Avro Lancaster was without doubt the most famous of all the RAF heavy bombers in World War II. From 1942 it formed the backbone of the night bombing offensives deep in Germany and gained its fame through the sinking of the Tirpitz and the destruction of the Mohne and Eder dam. The Lancaster was able to carry loads of up to 9,980 kg of bombs, the heaviest individual one being the "Grand Slam". It saw service up to 1945 in 68 RAF Bomber Command squadrons and flew over 156,000 sorties. Out of a total of 7,300 aircraft produced almost half were lost. Today only two examples exist that are still airworthy, one in Great Britain, the other in Canada.
- New mould
- Surface details with recessed panel lines
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel and side panels
- Space for navigator and radio operator
- Detailed bomb bay
- Bomb bay hatches with struts
- 3 rotating MG turrets
- 12 bombs
- One "Cookie" bomb
- Glazed cockpit with different attachments
- Detailed Merlin engine
- Main landing gear bay with separate side struts
- Detailed main undercarriage
- Movable propeller
- 2 different propeller blades
- Super decals with 3 RAF versions for Mk.I and Mk.III.
Please note: paints and glue not included.
Warning: to be used under the direct adult supervision.
Product no. 64046Skill level: 3 Scale: 1:144 ... More ›
Product no. 64144 Overview:Skill level: 3 Sc ... More ›
Apache AH-64 D Brit/US Army Plastic Model Kit ... More ›