Sign Up For Our Newsletter
A miniature war medal supplied with ribbon and mounted on a card. The information on the card describes how and when the medal would be awarded.
This medal was awarded to all fulltime personnel of the armed forces wherever they were serving, so long as they had served for at least 28 days between 3rd September 1939 and 2nd September 1945. It was granted in addition to the campaign stars and the defence medal. A few categories of civilians who had flown in operational theatres also qualified. This reproduction War medal is made from lead-free pewter. It is supplied on a red, white and blue ribbon attached to a card with an image of the German surrender at Field Marshal Mongomery's Headquarters on the front and historical information on the reverse.